I can't remember if I guessed before he told me, or if he spilled the beans first, but sure enough he bought himself another car!
He bought a 2004 Chevrolet Sebring.
Boy is it hot looking!!
I was worried about how nice and how expensive this one was having seen what he's done to his other two cars...
The first one, he cracked the engine block by spraying cold water on it while it was overheating to cool it down. Someone at work told him that was a good idea!??? It had a lot of other problems over and over again. The second one he about killed himself in when he rolled it 5 or 6 times on a road trip. That was last April. He hasn't driven AT ALL since then and really had no desire as far as I knew. Then all of a sudden he bought himself a pretty new car! 
I can understand because he's been walking everywhere. It was taking him about an hour to walk to and then another hour to walk home from work in the middle of the night. He works grave shifts (midnight to 8am) and early morning 4am to noon shifts. He was walking in the coldest part of the year. I told him it was funny that he waited until the winter was just about over before he bought one, the worst of it is behind him!
He told me he also bought a laptop computer! Paid cash over ebay and couldn't wait for it to arrive on the 10th. He got it yesterday and says it's awesome, he loves it. He should have internet by tonight. He can hardly wait. I say be careful, he tends to get sucked into stuff like that. 
He's pretty happy with life right now, I just hope the same thing doesn't happen to him that happened to Jon! I don't think the debt thing is a good idea, but hey he's a big boy now!
3 comments:
Wow! That is a really nice car! I'm glad he doesn't haven't to walk the streets in the middle of the night...that would scare me!
It's so hard to cut those apron strings.... I'm still struggling with that one, myself!
I'm with you, tho'... worrying about them getting into debt - just want to shake some sense into them sometimes! Take care, miss you!
I love hearing about your family and how everyone is doing! Isn't it hard to just let them (kids) make their own decisions??? Thats the beauty of our agency .... they need to learn sometime how to cope and make good decisions! Been there ... done that! I just can't believe you are in those stages! Seems like yesterday all your kids were sooooooo young!
Post a Comment