Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Parade

With yesterday being the end of the term and no school today, the Halloween Parade and Class Parties were yesterday!

Boy did Halloween creep up on me this year. (I don't know why???) LOL

I think it was Wednesday night when I realized they had a parade the next day and we hadn't even discussed what the kids were going to be for the parade the next day!! So when I got home, I had Doug pull the boxes out of the loft in the garage. The kids were already in bed, thanks to Shawn! It was going to have to happen in the morning!


When the kids got up the next morning, I said hurry and eat and pick a costume out of the box! It doesn't have to be what you're going to be for Halloween, just something to wear for the parade this morning! They got all excited and for the next hour and a half, we scrambled to get clothes, costumes, and make up in place. Sent them to school, then I had to get me and Natalie ready, I didn't dress up, but Nattie did, (Now that I'm thinking of it, I don't think I got a pic of her.)

Tiff was a Snow Princess, Aaron was a vampire, and Kim was a witch!







Off to the school for the parade! We hurried and hurried and practically ran to the school to get there in time. (There's no point in driving when you live as close as we do, you end up walking most of the way anyway. The cars were lined clear up the street almost to our house! This is big here!!) Then we waited and waited for the kids to come through for probably 20 minutes. They go through all the classrooms, to pick up the kids then come through the auditorium only once for the parents, then back through the classrooms to drop off. I wish they would come through at least one more time, but oh well!!
It was fun to see all the costumes. I was amazed at the detail some of them went through for a parade 3 days before Halloween! I wish I had that much time! I am glad it all worked out, the kids were happy!













Gone are the days of themed costumes, Jack o lanterns, crayola crayons (all different colors of course!), One year we even did Mr. Potato Heads. I think the kids liked the ideas because even though we were the same, they got to design the faces (jack o lanterns & potato heads) As the kids got older, I stopped getting that kind of cooperation anymore, so I stopped worrying about it. Deseret Industries Thrift Stores are a wonderful resource for costumes. But we didn't even do that this year!!

Tonight is the Carnival at the church, then of course Halloween! It's going to be a long weekend!!

1 comment:

GG said...

What a great job at throwing together some costumes!! Kids look great!

Love ya all!