I've decided I have a lot to catch up on and I'm just going to go for it. I'm not going to worry about the order though, just go with what comes up and works!
We had so much fun making pies this year, I actually took pics. I don't usually get a lot of help in the kitchen unless someone wants to learn how to make the pies, or Holly is here! This year most of the girls wanted to help! Yeah!
Anyway, We started around lunch time, because Melanie wanted to come help too, so we were waiting for her to get off work. I started with the cream pies, and the low fat, crustless pumpkin, so by the time she got here, we would be ready for the pie crust and pumpkin pies!!
These girls really worked hard to learn how to crack eggs with out dropping shells in the bowl. There were lots of eggs to crack, so by the time we were done, they had learned well! It cracked me up, the faces they were making trying to open them!

Emily was great to measure the sugar and spices and to help keep the girls out of the way when we needed them to be.
Melanie got pretty good at rolling pie crust and getting it into the tins! While this is a great tasting pie crust, you can't mess it up, it really can be annoying getting it into the tins. It takes great patience and a lite heart!

Melanie got pretty good at rolling pie crust and getting it into the tins! While this is a great tasting pie crust, you can't mess it up, it really can be annoying getting it into the tins. It takes great patience and a lite heart!
Final Pie Total....20! We made 4 cream, 3 low fat crustless pumpkin, and 13 pumpkin! That's cutting down you ask? Yup! I usually make 25. I didn't make any fruit pies, I wished I made less pumpkin and a couple of fruit. With Nana gone, I just didn't know who would eat them with me, and I didn't want to eat them by myself! Melanie took 3 pumpkin with her, and Jon took a cream pie for one of his parties. I only made that many because the kids were complaining when I said I wasn't going to make as many as usual, so I made a few more than I thought I should.
It did make for a GREAT Pie Weekend!!!
1 comment:
I ended up making 9 pumpkin! And they were DELICIOUS! I can't thank you enough for teaching me! I love that crust! It's yummy and easy! But yes...patience. But I got the hang of it again after the 3 pie tin. :P
Post a Comment