Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Big Girl Bed!



Well, I did it, I put Natalie in a bed and I am surprised to find she is doing pretty well. At first she really didn't like it, but now I think she does. I have to go in there quite a bit and keep checking on her to make her stay. Yesterday, it took her a couple of hours before she finally fell asleep for her nap. Of course after she ate all of Aaron's Easter stash, emptied the bag of diapers of all it's contents, pulled all her shirts out of her drawer, etc! She does much better at night when Aaron is in there with her. I don't know if he just keeps telling her to lay back down or if it's just so dark she has no desire to get up and walk around. I just know that it's working well!

I still have her on a small bottle, but I don't know why because she will finish it and hand it back to me on one of my visits to check on her and then she still has to go to sleep with out it. I just really didn't want to be fighting no bottle while we were in the car and on vacation. I guess that transition won't be as hard as I thought when we get back from Canada. I can hope, can't I?

I just can't believe she will be 2 years old next week! Potty training here we come!! I am so not looking forward to it. I mean, I look forward to it being done, just not actually doing it! I decided to wait until I get back from Women's Conference. I really can't expect everyone else to stay on top of it while I'm gone. It would be too new.

She has lots of changes coming... Big girl bed, when we get back from Canada no more bottles, then first part of May, no more diapers! Wow!!

Now, I just have to take down the crib and put it away! It sure is a bitter sweet thought...It's hard to imagine that I won't be putting it up again until I have a grand baby to put in it. (unless of course HF pulls a fast one!) Part of me is very excited about not having a "baby" anymore, and yet part of me feels very lost. This is all I've done for the last 22 years!

3 comments:

Angie said...

You're going to Women's Conference? I wish I could, but I would only be able to go on the Friday, and even that would be tricky to arrange. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time!

Jennie said...

Wow, they grow up fast!
I was trying to figure out if Ember is ready for all of that, and since they are a couple of weeks apart; it is nice to know it's okay to try! ;)
Thanks!

pammy said...

Wow! They do grow up fast!! It's hard to imagine no more "babies" but.. grandkids are the greatest invention ever!!!!!