Saturday, July 25, 2009

Emily's Haircut!

I have been contemplating and discussing cutting Emily's hair for a while now. She's at that age where she wants to do her own hair and she really doesn't want it up at all. She just wants to wear it down in a head band.


Her hair is so thick and bushy, that she often looked like she had a mop on top of her head.

Sometimes, I would have to make her put it up for certain activities. Especially in this heat, I couldn't believe she didn't want it up.

My biggest problem with cutting it was, I was afraid that as short as she wanted it, with as thick as it was, it would just look horrible. I didn't want her to have to style it everyday, she's only 11.

Melanie kept telling me, confidently what we had to do to make it look good. We had to have the stylist thin her hair with layers. That made me worry more.

Anyway, I decided to stop worrying about it and let Melanie take her to get it done. Well, as soon as I gave the ok, Emily was bugging us all week.

Yesterday, was the day! Does she look excited to be at this point, or what????

I was so thankful to Melanie for remembering to take pictures!


It was long enough to donate. I was so happy about that, not only does she get to donate it, but when you do, they cut it for free!




Here she is thinning the back with the layers. Melanie said she was so glad I wasn't there, she took off quite a bit and it would have been scary for me to see how this is done.



Because of all the layering, she gets a free wash, too! Looks like she's enjoying this!!

Well, here's the final result...



By the look on her face, I think she's happy with it!!




I still need to get one more with her head band in, pretty cute!!

1 comment:

GG said...

Looks great! And much much cooler with this heat!