#1 I have way too many empty canning jars taking up way too much space. I've been wondering what to fill them with. I shouldn't have any empty jars. Hmmmm....
#2 I have about 3 huge, growing all over the place, concord grape plants in my backyard. I really didn't know what to do with them. I didn't want to make jam, I just figured by the time I got the skin off and them seeded it would be a big mess and I just didn't want to mess with it. Do I pull them out and get rid of them? Seemed like such a waste to just pull them all out. What to do????
So Saturday was a RS service project to tie quilts for the humanitarian center. I almost forgot to even go. Sister Thalman called me to remind me, I was glad. It would make for a pretty busy day, quilts in the morning, bridal shower at noon, and women's conference in the evening. But I wanted to go, so I did. While I was there, some one mentioned that they had been calling all over looking for concord grapes to bottle juice. I mentioned that I had some, but didn't know what to do with them. There were a few sisters who had done grape juice in different ways, so I listened to all of them and decided to give it a try. I picked the easiest way, and I didn't have to go buy anything.
I did 11 quarts that night! Sunday we tried some, mixing it with different juices, cranberry, white grape and 7up. It was yummy!!
So today, I finished them. I did 28 more quarts today. That's 36 quarts that are now full and not empty, and my grapes didn't go to waste. I don't think I will pull them up after all!!
If I had not gone to Relief Society on Saturday to serve, I would not have had help in solving these two concerns!!
Gotta love RS!!
2 comments:
Yum yum! I bet it's pretty tasty!
So how did you do it? Ian's parents have some grapes and I was thinking about bottling them myself, so I would love to hear how you did it.
Post a Comment