Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ben's Birthday!



Ben turned 17 years old yesterday!


And he didn't get any presents????


Well, I asked him what he wanted and he really couldn't come up with anything worth buying. We would suggest things and he would say, yeah, I guess. Why would I go buy some thing that he's not even sure he wants?

We sang to him practically all day! All the different Primary Birthday Songs, including the regular Happy Birthday one.

On his way out the door to school, I told him Happy Birthday again. As he stood on my side porch to go to school, he asked if he could stay home from school. I said sure, if you don't have anything you can't miss. The look on his face told me that answer was the farthest from his mind. All of a sudden he was thinking, "what classes do I have, what's going on today?" He still had to take Beth to school, so while he did that he figured out that he didn't have to be there, so he came home. When he came back through the door, he was like a little boy Christmas morning. It was kind of fun to watch him. Then the decision of what to do...He was thinking he wanted to go to sleep, but he was already awake. It was kind of funny because all he really did was sit and play with the little girls and watched two Barbie movies with them!

Melanie took him to lunch, he hung out on the computer a little bit checking out wii games, looking for something for his birthday. Then he went to a Private showing at the movie theatre of the Star Wars Clone Wars Animated movie. He wanted to see it and really didn't care about going alone. Boy he was as alone as he could be, he was the only one in the theatre!

He came home and we ate pizza and then he went to our stake YM/YW Volleyball tournament. They played single elimination (winners playing winners) until they had only one winner. Our Ward team won first place! Go Team!!


He came home and had Triple Chocolate Cake, with Triple Chocolate Icing and Ice Cream. I'm not sure how late he stayed up, or what he did, because I was already in bed with a book and fell asleep.

We're still working on what to get him for his birthday. I think Doug has him talked into some indoor/outdoor mini dueling remote control helicopters. They can fly around the house and shoot each other with lasers. Fun, Fun!

2 comments:

GG said...

Sounds like a great day! Happy Birthday Ben! And I had to laugh...isn't "boring" presents better than no presents at all? LOL Just Kidding. I know you'll get them! The helicopters sounds pretty neat!

Donna said...

I didn't think of that!! That is funny about the presents!