Friday, February 25, 2011

Finally in Price!!

Shawn is finally in Price!! He left Wednesday night, late.  He said he got there about 11 pm.  Found a place to park his car, he said by some trail head, and slept in the car.  His plan was just to get there, for now he has no where to really stay or do!  He left with less than $50 bucks in his pocket and some food storage in the trunk of his car!  I sent him a butane burner to cook on, and he is just going for it!!

He has been trying to get there to go to school at the College of Eastern Utah for about 3 years!  One thing after another has kept him from actually going!  I was so sad for him Jan 10th when he was still here when school started.  But he decided not to let that stop him this time!  He decided he just needed to get there, get a couple of jobs and get a place to stay, then he'll be ready to start school in the next semester!

Here's the message he sent me last night...

"Hey, so I finally got a chance to take a break. I got down here just after 11 last night, and have been non-stop busy all day today. Got up at 8am this morning so I could catch Terry Johnson before his day became to chaotic. Found out he already had me completely enrolled from this semester all the way through Spring of 2012. So, all I have to do for Summer Semester is pick my classes and pay my fees. Most of my scholarships are already in place to kick in for the Fall Semester and those that aren't yet are because the department won't be finalizing them until April (something to do with the merge with USU).

 
As far as work is concerned ~ Dollar Tree's hours have dropped even more instead of going up as anticipated. I will only be getting one shift every other week. However, Dana who is the GM there sent Dwaine's (GM in Bountiful's Dollar Tree) letter of recommendation as well as one of her own to Ben (Front End Manager at Walmart who Dana use to work for). So I went to talk to him and he said they are currently hiring and wants me to fill out an application. Interviews there start in a week, but Ben made it sound like I was a shoe in (But I've heard that before so we'll see what happens). At Smith's talked to Vickie who remembered talking to me, but just filled the position. Took down my name and number and said that I'd be the first person she called if something opens up because she talked to T.J. (Front End Manager at Bountiful's Smiths) who gave me a glowing review. Also, (back-tracking a little) while I was following Terry Johnson around getting everything set-up for school, I got talking to Shanny who was one of the ladies we had to talk to. I am now her back-up babysitter (it's actually more of a nanny position). And when she loses her full time babysitter the beginning of the summer I will be her full time babysitter. It'll be a full time position, but she also said if I can't do full time when the summer comes around she can get an addition babysitter to split the hours with me. Anyway, so far everything's looking up. Love ya both,


Shawn"

I took some pics of him the last night he was here to say good bye!

Tiff giving him a big long kiss Good bye!




The kids came running when they realized they weren't going to see him for a while!










I am excited for this "adventure" for him.  Off, really on his own, living out of his car and just trying to make his dreams come true!!

Good Luck, Sweetheart!!  We Love You!!

1 comment:

GG said...

Way to go, Shawn!! And GOOD LUCK! We love you!