Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happy Birthday, Steven!

He decided on brownies & ice cream!
Yesterday was Steven's 15th Birthday!

I asked him if he wanted to skip school, I would excuse him from going.  But he would still be responsible for the work he missed.  I couldn't really excuse him from the work, but it was up to him.  I was surprised to see him decide to go!  He hates school!

He made sure we had the traditional waffles and ice cream!  I actually laughed when he asked for it, because he's usually late for school and doesn't even eat breakfast, unless I fix him something to eat in the car on the way there!  He assured me he would be ready in time to eat the waffles and ice cream!  And sure enough, he was showered and ready for breakfast by 7:30am!  Wow!  Now we both know he can actually do when he's motivated enough!  And apparently waffles and ice cream are motivation!!

It was nice to ask him last night when all was said and done if he'd had a good day, and he said,
"Yes, I'm happy"  I don't hear that too often from him, So I felt I had achieved success!!

He's now old enough for a driver's permit, but he has to get his academic and citizenship grades up for third term for it to happen.  You'd think that was motivation enough to get him to school on time, so far not, but I am still hopeful!!

Happy Birthday, Steven! 

1 comment:

GG said...

Happy (late) birthday!!! Come on, Steven!! Get up!! You can do it!