On our way to Cali, we decided to take the kids to see Hoover Dam. We'd never been there and Kim is doing a report on the state of Nevada, we thought it would be fun for her to have a picture of herself there for her report! It was pretty funny because they were all excited to see it, but really how long can you stand there looking at a Dam! Needless to say, we didn't stay long and we didn't take any tours because they were $30 a person! Not exactly the way I wanted to spend my money! Lol
On our way out, we stopped at the gift shop and got a couple things. The kids were hilarious, they were pulling out their money and trying to spend upwards of $20 or more! I had to remind them we were headed to Disneyland!!! You don't want to spend your money at Hoover Dam when you're headed to Disneyland!!!
 |
| Driving across the top of the Dam. |
One cool thing there was that the Dam crossed over the Nevada/Arizona border and since the two states are in two different time zones, they had clock towers on each side of the border with the "time" on them! Fun!!
We got some lunch and got back on the road to Grandpa's house! I'm pretty sure I mentioned the car trouble on the way there in a previous post. What a Day!!
 |
You can see the towers with the clocks from here,
They're on the other side of the dam. |
This was cute, on our way out to the van from the gift shop, I told them to get in the van. Little Nattie Bug climbed up on top of the luggage and spread out with a big huge smile on her face!!
1 comment:
Can you believe I have never been to Hoover Dam? Even after spending summer's in Vegas!
Post a Comment