Thursday, July 17, 2008

Painting, Painting and More Painting!!


Sorry I haven't been posting lately, I have been so busy trying to get these rooms done. On Monday, R&E Cleaning and Restoration came back to check the rooms. Ben and Steven's room was deemed dry, but Bethanie and Emily's room wall under the window was still wet. So they had to cut into the dry wall to get that to dry. So while we waited for that to dry we started in Ben's room. This room was an ugly brown that had to go!


I spent 5 hours cleaning and caulking the walls on Tuesday. That night I started priming. I got about half done by 10:30 at night. Then on Wednesday R&E came back to check Beth's room and it was deemed dry. They took all the equipment out. I decided to get rid of that yellow flower wallpaper (something we've wanted to do since we moved in). Both rooms needed this work done since we moved in, we figured since they were empty, now's the time to do it.
Anyway, so Wednesday I not only finished the first coat of primer, but the second coat as well. I had been painting for about 10 of twelve hours that day. I was bushed!

Today, Melanie helped me paint the latex coat. We were done by 3pm. I was so happy to be done and that I wasn't painting at 10 tonight!! Thanks Melanie!! Thanks to Mel, Beth, Steven and Emily for helping with the kids so I could paint. I really like the way Ben's room turned out. I wasn't sure how it would look, with the panelling, but the white walls take the room out of the basement! It's a nice room now!!

I'm far from finished though...Tonight I was just curious what was under the wall paper in Beth's room. I've heard some bad nightmares about taking wallpaper off. Should I do it, or should I let R&E do it? I started pulling it and it came off so easy, we just kept going. When I did the upstairs, I used the perforation tool, sprayed each sheet, and then pulled it off. Then I had to wash the walls down really good. This time it came off with very little effort, the whole room! I still have to wash the walls but, I was simply amazed!


Now I have to wait for R&E to come back and fix the dry wall so I can prime and paint that room. When it's all done they will come back and clean all the carpets down stairs, both bedrooms, the hall and stairs and the living room! I am excited about that.
Also, it looks like I'm finally going to get my downstairs living room painted.
Once I get started, there's no stopping me!

4 comments:

GG said...

Wow!! You are a busy busy busy woman! I'm glad the wallpaper came off so easily!
Love ya!!

Donna said...

I finally put the pictures in the Flood post, did you see them?

GG said...

I did! I can't believe all of that stuff fit in the front room! Wow! Who is that with the girls??

Donna said...

I edited the text in the post as well as added the pictures. That is Alan from R&E. The girls really liked him and wanted to be in his lap, and he liked them enough to let them!