Well, Somebody loves me, because I walked into the DI (Deseret Industries) on Saturday the 4th, (we went in between sessions just to check it out). And there seemed to be a frenzy in the front of the store...As I looked closer, lo and behold they had just pulled out racks and racks of...you guessed it....Halloween Costumes!!!
I'm sure you can't understand my jubilation, because usually by the time I'm thinking what are we going to do this year, it is the week of Halloween and things are pretty picked over, no matter where I go. We do have a box of costumes, but most of them are getting too small or too beat up. We usually make something work, but anyway, my point is that, this was truly a blessing!!!
I worked my way through the crowds and was surprised that even though some were pretty mutilated and beat up, there were some really good things too!! I found something for everyone!! At the time, I wasn't even thinking about the activity, I was just thrilled to be finding stuff to work for Halloween.
I came home an
Anyway, So on Saturday, they got dressed up. I didn't let them get completely decked out with the make up and accessories, I figured we'd save that for the school parties and actual trick or treating part. They had to get bundled up because it started to rain and the rain turned to snow! They walked around the neighborhood with wagons trick or treating for canned goods for the Bountiful Food Bank. They really didn't seem to mind that they weren't getting candy!
They went back to the church and painted pumpkins and ate donuts and goodies and then came home.
I thought it was a nice change from all the parties, they got a chance to learn about and do some service for someone else!! When I explained that there were people who didn't have enough food to eat, and they were helping these people, they thought that was pretty cool!
3 comments:
That is such a good idea! I'm so glad you were able to get some costumes! I'm not a big Halloween fan. I don't really like trick-or-treating so to have to do it twice, would just about kill me!
I didn't have to go with them, they had the Primary teachers and leaders take them around. Also, they all didn't do the whole ward. They broke up into small groups and did a section or block of the ward. So not too bad!!
Well that makes a difference!!
I like the trunk-or-treats! Wham Bam and you're done! That's my kind of trick-or-treating!
Post a Comment