Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dentist Appointments


The three elementary kids had dentist appointments yesterday. We went before school, I didn't think I would like that, but it actually turned out pretty good. The office wasn't very busy, they were waiting for us to show up, and the kids were only 1/2 an hour late for school, not too bad.


The best part of the dentist cleaning is the funny pictures you can get when they are doing their flouride treatments! I took these with my camera, so sorry for the lack of quality, but they are fun anyway. The hygenist said they looked like ducks because they had duck beaks!



Another thing that's funny is that Emily loves to laugh. She thought the funny toothbrush they use was very ticklish on her gums, so she laughed quite loud. She had the hygenist laughing just because he said he's never had someone have so much fun in his chair. He kept saying, "hey did you forget where you are, this is a dentist office, your not supposed to be laughing so hard!"


We found a few cavities we have to go back and fix, not happy about that. I always feel guilty when my young kids have cavities. My older kids rarely had any when they went, I don't know if it was because I took better care of them, or they just had stronger teeth. I really don't like getting my teeth fixed, so I feel bad when they have to have theirs fixed. All except for Kim, she says she loves to be numb and she's the one who doesn't have to have any fixed. She had two, but they were in baby teeth that are expected to come out in the next 6 to 8 months, so Dr. Elmer doesn't want to worry about them. Wow, I was impressed with that one!

3 comments:

GG said...

Wow I am impressed! Although Katie has always been a good girl at the dentist...you can feel her anxiety. She just tries to pretend it's not there. I'm actually very proud of her in the regard. It's good practice.

Justin on the other hand...he's hot and cold. One visit he wouldn't even sit in the chair...the other, perfect.

Donna said...

The trick will be Tiff, next week. Last visit she refused to even have her teeth cleaned and we all let her get away with it. She says she's going to let him clean and fix her teeth, but only time will tell. I say we gas her and get it all done!!

GG said...

Bring on the gas! I hope it all works out!