Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tiffany's Birthday!


Happy 4th Birthday to Tiffany!!

She could hardly wait for this day to come!! She kept reciting the order of birthdays since Shawn had his! Yesterday, it finally arrived!

She woke up to balloons everywhere and singing. We like to let the preschool kids open a couple of their presents before everyone leaves for school and work. That's where we started. ..

I let her open her dolls first... I have to tell the story of these dolls. About a month ago we were in Walmart shopping for the boy's bdays when we came across these dolls. They are Barbie dolls from the latest Barbie movie Barbie and the Diamond Castle. It is a musical, so these dolls not only sang two of the main songs, but if you push their buttons together they actually sing a duet! She instantly fell in love! She just had to have them, and watching her with them I knew I was going to get them for her birthday. She kept asking if we could buy them, I had to tell her no, we were shopping for the other birthdays. I'm surprised she didn't ask to get them for her own birthday, but she didn't. She just kept crying about having to leave them there. You see, this movie is her favorite right now, she not only sings all the songs, but she recites quite a bit of the dialogue as well. Whole scenes, it's pretty amazing for a 4 year old! Sometimes I think she's only 4 maybe I've miscounted, she's got to be 5 maybe even 6! But No, she's 4 years old.

Anyway...Needless to say she was mighty excited when she opened the first one, she was saying, oh I hope this one is Liana! as she was opening the second one. Then the third one was a dress up dress to match one of the dolls. She was in her glories!! She asked me, did you get these at Walmart? Too funny!!


We had our traditional Birthday Breakfast of chocolate chip waffles with ice cream and chocolate syrup. Yum! She was so excited about the dolls, she wasn't much interested in eating for a while. When she finally did, she had to take her dress off to eat, so she wouldn't get it dirty, so she only ate one. Then hurry and put the dress back on!



Nana was cleaning out some of her totes in her room and found these wings for her. That really sealed the deal. She was walking around all day with her dress, wings, and dolls singing and dancing!

She kept asking when she could open the rest of the presents, I told her that she had to wait until everyone came home. So when ever someone would show up, she would ask, now?


Finally, we had her choice of dinner, she chose chicken tacos (which she didn't really eat, she was too excited) strawberries, and broccoli. At last she got to open the last of the presents, although I don't think she was too excited, it was kind of a let down to only get a hooded princess towel and princess sheets. I thought she would be more excited about the sheets for her bed, but I don't think she really understands what they are. I put them in the wash last night and we're going to put them on the bed today. I'm hoping she will be more excited once they are on the bed.

So then we broke out the cake and ice cream. I made her a really yummy pumpkin spice cake with pumpkin cream cheese frosting. We sang her happy birthday and ate. She was excited to be able to stay up past her bed time (another bday tradition). By 10pm she was so tired she was getting grumpy because she really didn't want to take her nap after lunch and I didn't push it. She finally consented to going to bed. She fell right to sleep.






What a Happy Day!!

4 comments:

GG said...

Happy Birthday Sweetie!! And Wow! What a beautiful princess dress!

Annette said...

So sweet! She just looks so happy! And the kids look wonderful in their costumes.

I love the princess room! I had Holly Hobby when I was little.

I am so happy to hear that Shawn & Jon are home. We need to talk so I can cry on your shoulder!

Anyway, I love your beautiful family & I miss you!

Rena said...

The four years old are soooo smart. Makenna will be 4 next month. I didn't realize we both had one the same age. We should get together for a play date to see what kind of trouble they could get in together.

Jessica and Rod said...

That's so cute! Anna is currently reciting scenes from Barbie as Princess and the Pauper. Girls and their princess movies ... what can you do?