Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Halloween!

The kids were so excited for it to finally come. By the time we got to the actual day, we had already dressed up 3 timesbefore we even got to this point...

The first time was for the Primary Activity at the beginning of the month, I posted about it earlier, if you want to read it again, or if you missed it the first time just click on the link.

The second time we dressed up was for the YM/YW Carnival on Wednesday.

The third time was on Thursday for the school parade and class parties. We did it on Thurs because there was no school on Friday. So we got all dressed up and had all the fun activities, they were done by 1st recess, and then had to take it all off and have a regular school day the rest of the day. I had decided not to go all out with their costumes on these other days because it just would have been too much work!

So by Friday they were excited because they would actually dress up with the works and they got to go Trick or Treating! We decorated pumpkins during the day, ate pizza and then got ready to go!

I have to give a great big THANK YOU to Melanie and Bethanie who did all the hair and make up! They did a fabulous job!!

Although it was raining, it was warm enough to have a great time! I love it that they delayed going off Daylight Savings one more week. The sad thing was that not only were there not very many trick or treaters out and about, but a lot of the houses were dark. We covered our ward area in about an hour or so! It worked out pretty good in that when we were done they didn't ask to expand the boundaries. They were happy with their bucket full of candy!

I have to mention some of the things Tiff would say...when we first started trick or treating she would yell "Trick or Treat for the Food Bank!!!" We were laughing and had to explain to her she was not trick or treating for the food bank like for the Primary activity, but for candy. I always remind the kids to say thank you when they get their candy. Little Tiffany again, would say, "Thank You, Enjoy your treats!" After we had been walking around for about 40 minutes, she said "I am tired, we have been walking for hours!" But she didn't want to go home. She sure had us in stitches!




PS I know I'm a copy cat, because I loved this background, too, sorry GG, but I figure you wouldn't mind!

4 comments:

GG said...

Your kids are so cute! And I think it's great how the older kids helped out!!

GG said...

PS - You can have the background. I made me own! So there! hehehe

Donna said...

Wow, that was quick!!

Yes, I am very fortunate to not only have older kids to help, but that they are willing to help (most of the time, anyway)!

Rena said...

Your kids are so cute. It must be fun trick or treating. What happened to your blondie? All dark hair now. I am still trying to figure everyone out. You have several that I haven't met and the older have changed so much. I'm sure it is nice to have everyone back.