Anyway...Melanie turned 19 on Sunday!
I decided to help with the paper route as a present for her. So I got up at 1:45am and headed to the depot with them. We folded & loaded their 500 papers by 4:30 and they were off delivering. She came home in time to attend church. Right after church we did our Visiting Teaching. They made us partners, we love it!! She gave a great lesson.
We ate her special dinner of potatoes and rolls. Then let her open her present, we got her a nice digital camera. We also did her cake, she picked a yummy Costco cake! Dad is good to help them figure out
Then she went off to bed, at around 2:30pm! (No, she didn't sleep on the couch, she was playing while she was waiting for us to open her present.) She slept until it was time for papers again! Part of me was sad that she had to sleep away her birthday
I sure have been missing her since she started doing papers. She has been our Mommy #2 for some time now. She is so busy with both jobs and trying to catch up on her sleep in between that she hasn't been around as much. I guess I better get used to it, since being 19 she won't be around forever!!
I just wanted her to know how much I appreciate her willingness to help out when ever she can, and sometimes when she can't. She's a hard worker and genuinely cares about her family and shows it.
We love you, Sweetie!!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Melanie! Wow time flies. Cute cake!
So question, who is Nate? Or is that a bad question? Just thought I'd ask since it mentions him in the Christmas video newsletter, but doesn't give much information. ;)
May you have many more wonderful birthday years!
Hard to believe our kids are so grown up, doesn't it? Looks like both the girls had good birthdays.
So...will you make me a cheesecake for my birthday???
Happy Happy Birthday Mel! I know I'm not THAT much older than you but it just seems so odd that you are so grown up! You know that for every year you get older, it makes me older too! Stop it!
Post a Comment