He found a little basement, furnished, studio apartment just 5 minutes down the street. He's even closer than Jon was. Too bad he couldn't afford Jon's old apartment, it would have gotten him out of his lease. Oh Well!
I went over with him today to help him get some of his stuff over there. I don't think he's going to be able to get as much of his stuff as he thought, and I also think it will take him a couple weeks to actually go thru a lot of it to decide what he wants in our loft and what he wants with him.
I probably should have waited to take pictures until he was all moved in, but I didn't think of that until now. Maybe I'll take more later. Here's what I got today.
I am standing right inside the door in the corner. Remember this is a studio apartment so it's one room except the bathroom. This is the kitchen corner. No stove or oven, just microwave. I 'm hoping to find him a hot plate, that should be all he needs.
This is the Bedroom corner, I'm standing in the same place. He didn't notice until today that he doesn't have a dresser. I left him to figure that one out. :)
The door is to the bathroom. He has nice shelves behind the door.
Now I am standing by the kitchen counter and here he has a nice closet with lots of shelves and space.
Now I am standing in the corner by the bed & bathroom where you can see his "living room/eating area.

I think we're both excited for him to not be under my thumb all the time! It seems to be easier for me to be "okay" with how they spend their time when they don't live under my roof.
Good Luck, Shawn, We love you!!
2 comments:
How exciting! It looks like a perfect place for a single guy. And how nice that it's close by!
I agree! Perfect for a single guy! One thing to keep in mind though Shawn...if there is just one thing out of place it will make the whole joint look messy.
Good luck and Congrats!!
Post a Comment