If you live around here, and you watched the news on Tuesday, you probably saw that Beneficial Life is no longer selling new policies. Which means they laid off about 150 employees!
How is that significant, well, we are one of those 150 employees!
I'm not sure how to feel about all of it. Doug's last day is July 15th.
The last time this happened was almost 14 years ago. That was such a blessing, I can't even tell you. He was in a dead end job. It was what he really needed to get looking for something better. It turned out to be so much better, better atmosphere, more money (lots more money). How often do you go to a work party that opens and closes with prayer? We have had several wonderful dinners with the whole first presidency of the church and all 12 apostles and their wives! Not to mention really awesome medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits. They even sent us to Guatemala on a Humanitarian Service Expedition last year.
We're not really sure why they are doing this. It is all based on future predictions. There was a mistake in investments a couple years ago and they were hit hard. They are not bankrupt or anything, they are still a profitable company. But because they aren't making as much as they have been, and the way the economy is going, they predict not to be able to keep up in the future.
They actually are giving us a great severance package, which really helps, but will he find another job before it runs out?? What will the benefits be like?? We have been so fortunate for the last almost 14 years. I can't imagine going up from here.
I guess we need to have faith that this too, will be for our good.
End of preschool
10 years ago
5 comments:
Oh, Donna! That is a shock! I think not knowing what the future holds is the most difficult part. Isn't it a comfort to know you've been stocking up on food storage for the past few months? That will help out so much.
My heart goes out to you. What a challenge to not know how you'll provide for your kids. If there's ever anything I can do to help out, please don't hesitate to ask.
Nick's employer (Deseret Mutual) is great, and he said he'd keep his eyes open for any positions opening up. They provide benefits for all church employees and missionaries, so your husband is probably very qualified.
Good luck! We'll pray for you.
Wow, that is a shock! I am so sorry.
Our prayers are with you and please let us know if there is anything we can do!
Donna, this is so shocking! Chris heard a report about it and said "I wonder if this will affect Doug" ... i guess this does. I am sorry to hear this but like you said you need to have faith! My sister also works for DMBA and says that they have openings there .. you just never know!!!
Donna, I'm so sorry. And I can totally relate. Glenn was laid off December 1st and has been working a part-time job ever since, along with his own business (which is hit and miss) My prayers are with you and Doug. Love you!
Good luck. We had to deal with a lay off earlier this year too. No fun!
Post a Comment