Saturday, June 13, 2009

Painting

I took a chance and took advantage of the one day in two weeks that we were supposed to have sunshine! I broke out the top coat and painted the base of the tree house yesterday. I am so glad we spent the extra money on a good exterior top coat, it was a dream to use! Jon and I had just about got it all painted when Ben came out and finished the poles. (He was a good boy to finish all his inside chores before coming out!) He's doing awesome by the way!!


Doug said I need to get some pictures of the joists in the middle. So please forgive the angle I had to hold the camera over my head and guess at what I was taking a picture of because I am so short!! As you can see they are close together, We barely fit inbetween, so even though we tried to be careful, yes, I painted my back and hair!

Anyway, we were just about done when I noticed that the sun wasn't shining anymore and clouds had rolled in, WHAT??? I called Doug, didn't you say the forecast said sunshine all day? He said oh well, let's just see how it goes. Sure enough it started to sprinkle. I was sick. I so didn't want it to ruin what we had just done. Fortunately, it only was a light sprinkle and it didn't last very long.

We tried to figure out a way to tarp it, but really didn't have enough tarps to do much, so we decided to take Doug's advice and don't worry about it. I took all the paint stuff back into the garage and started on the boards that go on top.


I decided to let the little kids do some of the painting. So they all came out and took turns painting the boards. I think they really enjoyed it and one at a time wasn't stressful at all.

















I really like the color they chose, "rich chocolate". It looks like 5 gallons of rich velvety chocoate!

Now we have to wait for the rain to go away so we can move on with the project! It doesn't look like that will happen until next week. We just have to be patient!! That's sometimes really hard to do!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

looks like so much FUN!!!

GG said...

It's fun to see the whole family getting involved