Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Calling

I was so surprised to get called into the Bishop's Office on Saturday and have him issue a new calling, again! This is my third switch in about a year's time!

I was called as the 1st Counsellor in the Primary Presidency! I have to say I did not see that coming!! I guess my mind has really been more focused on all the craziness going on around here!

I'm a bit over whelmed, it's not that it's a hard calling, just a lot of work. I've been in the presidency before, but as I did the calculations, it was about 18 years ago! So a lot has changed!!

I have a great group of women to work with! We had our first presidency meeting last night. We are jumping right in! We have a Quarterly Activity on Saturday to run, as well as get ready for our first Sunday! Loads of fun!! I think it'll be crazy, for a few weeks until we find our niche, but I also think it'll be good for me to get my mind off other things and focus on service!

Pray for Us!!

5 comments:

GG said...

Congrats!

I love you!!!!

Jennie said...

Wow, lots of responsibility! I know you will do a wonderful job. They couldn't have picked a better person!
Our prayers will be with you, as well! For your calling and for Jon, sorry!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Aunt Donna!! That is so awesome! I love you!
XOXO

Jessica and Rod said...

Hey, my calling just changed to the 1st counselor in our Primary presidency too (I was the 2nd counselor before this, so it wasn't too much of a change)! I've loved it!

Donna said...

I'm sure I'll love it again, too. I just have to get used to things again! I have sharing time next month, yikes!!