
That's right!! She finally did it! What?? You say...
Pierce her ears, of course!
At first she was wondering why Dad was taking pictures...
Then they decided to send me this one... psyche!!

Anticipation is the worst!!
First ear!! She says, wow, that's not bad at all!!
Second ear, not so bad!
I have to tell the story for you to appreciate her finally doing it.
Doug and I are pretty conservative when it comes to ear piercing. We decided not to let the girls do theirs until they were old enough to take care of it all themselves and they really have to want it. Well Bethanie was the first one to actually ask and then keep asking. When she first asked, I didn't think she was old enough to keep them clean and such. But about two years ago, I decided to go ahead and let her do it. I did all the calling and found out there wasn't a place here in Bountiful. We had to go to Layton (not that far about 15 to 20 minutes drive). We took the time to pick out the earrings, got her in the chair, her ears marked, all the paperwork filled out and signed. And yup! she chickened out!! We sat there for an hour trying to talk her into it! It was horrible. I wasn't even sure I wanted her to have it done in the first place, and here I was trying to talk her into it for over an hour!! I decided to give her an ultimatum...I am leaving this store, so do it now or we're out of here, and I am not bringing you back! She tried to be brave but just didn't have it in her. The funny thing was by this time I was not happy about wasting my time. I called Doug and told him she chickened out, and he spent another 15 minutes trying to talk her into it. I said, forget it, I am leaving! So we left.
She tried to talk us into taking her again, but I wasn't convinced that she was ready to actually do it. She started talking about it again alot in the last few months, especially since Melanie went and got hers done last year for her 18th birthday.

I guess Dad was convinced she would actually do it and was willing to take the chance on her. He came home from work and took her in. I almost forgot about taking pictures...I called him about the time they were picking out her earrings, so he had to take them with his camera but here she is.
I can't believe how happy she is! She's walking around here like she's on cloud 9!! She's wanted this for a very long time. She said she wished she would have done it sooner!
Pierce her ears, of course!

At first she was wondering why Dad was taking pictures...
Then they decided to send me this one... psyche!!

Anticipation is the worst!!
First ear!! She says, wow, that's not bad at all!!
Second ear, not so bad!

I have to tell the story for you to appreciate her finally doing it.
Doug and I are pretty conservative when it comes to ear piercing. We decided not to let the girls do theirs until they were old enough to take care of it all themselves and they really have to want it. Well Bethanie was the first one to actually ask and then keep asking. When she first asked, I didn't think she was old enough to keep them clean and such. But about two years ago, I decided to go ahead and let her do it. I did all the calling and found out there wasn't a place here in Bountiful. We had to go to Layton (not that far about 15 to 20 minutes drive). We took the time to pick out the earrings, got her in the chair, her ears marked, all the paperwork filled out and signed. And yup! she chickened out!! We sat there for an hour trying to talk her into it! It was horrible. I wasn't even sure I wanted her to have it done in the first place, and here I was trying to talk her into it for over an hour!! I decided to give her an ultimatum...I am leaving this store, so do it now or we're out of here, and I am not bringing you back! She tried to be brave but just didn't have it in her. The funny thing was by this time I was not happy about wasting my time. I called Doug and told him she chickened out, and he spent another 15 minutes trying to talk her into it. I said, forget it, I am leaving! So we left.
She tried to talk us into taking her again, but I wasn't convinced that she was ready to actually do it. She started talking about it again alot in the last few months, especially since Melanie went and got hers done last year for her 18th birthday.

I guess Dad was convinced she would actually do it and was willing to take the chance on her. He came home from work and took her in. I almost forgot about taking pictures...I called him about the time they were picking out her earrings, so he had to take them with his camera but here she is.
I can't believe how happy she is! She's walking around here like she's on cloud 9!! She's wanted this for a very long time. She said she wished she would have done it sooner!
5 comments:
Wow Beth! Congrats! I know how hard that was for you! I'm proud of you!
She's so beautiful! Tell her congrats from me!
I enjoyed chatting with you until Gmail kicked me off. Bummer.
I can't believe how much your family has grown up! Way to go Bethanie ... keep in touch! Pam
Pam, How fun to see your comment. I would love to keep in touch and view your blog as well, but I need you to send me an invite, if you want me to! My email is on the bottom of our newsletter.
I have yet to get my ears pierced. Way to go!
Post a Comment