Yesterday was a big Cookie day for me. I volunteered to make cookies for Aaron's Christmas program today and decided to make them yesterday. I needed about 2 dozen. Doug found out I was making cookies and said he signed up to take treats to work for today and would I mind making some for him too. I said sure how many do you need? He said well, there's about 31 people in our department. I said okay, so you need at least 62? The look on his face was priceless...He said well some might want 3! I just had to laugh! So how many do you want me to make????
When all was said and done the final count was 195! I sent 100 to work with Doug, 12 on the neighborhood pass along plate we got the night before, 30 for the program today and the rest, the kids have been eating. It only took me six hours!!! Only?? I was bushed last night as I fell into bed!!
Anyway, I was frosting them and set them out on the counter for the frosting to set enough to put in the boxes. Doug thought he should snap a picture...I'm glad he did, it was an incredible sight!!
It was funny to have all these cookies and then, just have one little pan that were staying home for the kids to eat. Although, they did have some right off the counter after dinn
er before I had boxed everything up.
Doug already called me this morning, they are a hit at work! Yummy, Sugar Cookies. Whenever I make these, I think of my good friend, Gwen! Thanks Gwen!!
4 comments:
WOW!!! That is a lot of cookies!!!!
They look beautiful. Great Job!!!
They really look great! Yum! I made 87 'Pretzel Hugs' for a cookie exchange & for a dinner. WTG! You are the (wo)man!
I just wanted to say Merry Christmas! It is such a blessing to have you in my life!! I love you!!
And thanks again for the stocking!! You rock!
Post a Comment