Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Week of School!

We've actually had a good first week of school. We are slipping into a nice routine fairly smoothly! This is about all I really like about school is the routine it forces us into. I like the early to bed, early to rise philosophy. Well, I guess I also like that they are not on the games systems quite as much, too. Last week was a fun week for most of them, get to know you games and let's see what you remember from over the summer.

This week should be a little more involved with homework schedules starting. This is the part I mostly don't like....Homework patrol! I always have to watch close to see who it is I have to "sit" on this year to make sure things get done. I like to start clean each year because eventually they realize that it's tons better to get the homework done on their own, rather than have mom on their back! So I try to give them a chance to shine and figure that out. Who will it be this year?

I want to post the first day pics...



This is the usual scene we get for early morning scriptures and prayer!



Here the High Schoolers are ready to go right after 7am prayer.




You can tell by their faces, who is excited and who is NOT!!

I made poached eggs on toast for our first day back as requested! We qualify for free breakfast and lunch at school this year due to our lay off. So I probably won't be making big breakfasts everyday this year, for the most part anyway. The kids don't seem to mind at all, I guess school lunch isn't what it used to be (most of the time, anyway)! I like it because they are at school earlier, we should have less tardies this year. I can hope, can't I??



Tiff kind of feels left out, she thinks she should go to school, too. She has to wait another year.




Steven is next to leave. He's my only Jr. High this year.




Then last, but certainly not least, the Elementary kids leave.


You might think I would get lonely with only the two girls to tend, but there are still several people hanging around. My mom is back from spending the summer with my sister, Jon and Melanie have varying schedules, mostly night shifts, though. And for now, Doug is hanging around, too!

1 comment:

GG said...

You gotta love the first day of school! Everyone is slightly nervous but also so happy and chipper, and ready for the day! That quickly desolves by week two. LOL