Wednesday, August 5, 2009

More Tree House



I'm still trying to play catch up on this Tree House.


Next we put up the walls over the framing.



We had to paint some of them before putting them up because they were going right up against the trees. We quickly found out we needed to protect the wood not only from rain, but from our neighbors sprinklers, too! So we started priming and painting as soon as we could, even before they were all up!

Next was the Roof! The kids are way excited about this roof because it will also be another deck to climb up on! I will feel so much better when we get the stairs and railings up!












Doug working on the overhang, upside down!!








The caulking we used on the deck was already cracking so we had to get better stuff and recaulk the seams, Doug grabbed the camera and said we had to have some pics of me working too! So here I am recaulking the deck and priming the inside of the Tree House.



As though I don't have enough pics in this post, I thought I would throw in a couple to show off our awesome trap door!

5 comments:

GG said...

So cool!

Jessica and Rod said...

Looking good. It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Jennie said...

Ooooh! This looks so great!
It makes me want to build a tree house one day.

Country Cookin' Mama said...

How fun! My kids would love to have a tree house in our yard!

pammy said...

This is really coming along! It will bring so much fun to your family ...probably for years to come (unless you have to move or something like that) You guys are awesome!