Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Keeping Our Fingers Crossed & Canning, Canning, Canning!!

Doug talked to Gerry (the guy hiring) at Young Living yesterday, and it looks like we are in the top running. He said they were trying to decide between Doug and one other guy. He asked for work references and recommendations and what he wanted as salary (don't you hate that question?) You never know what to say, either way you could shoot yourself in the foot. Doug told him it would be negotiable. We are exercising our faith, that if this is where he's supposed to be, it'll all work out. We hope to know by the end of this week, but it could drag into next! Keep praying for us!!

I've been way busy with preserving and canning all sorts of things from the gardens. Today has been green beans and tomatoes. I still have to wonder if all the work of home canning is worth all the work when we can get such great deals on case lot sales. But who can complain when the food is free??? Can't get any better than that!

I got the kids involved with the green beans this morning, I could hear them fighting and arguing and told them all to come up and sit at the table. I put all these green beans in front of them and showed them how to snap the ends off and break them in half. It turned out great, they ended up having a great time, and I didn't have to do it! Even little Nattie Bug was helping. Steven had to keep an eye on her to keep her putting things in the right bucket, but they all did a great job! I wish I would have thought of it sooner. Guess who's going to be doing beans for me the rest of the summer!?!?




I posted a great Cinnamon French Toast recipe on the provident pantry blog the other day. There is also a great summer squash casserole recipe other there too, we had it for dinner yesterday! Yum!

Gina reminded me about the Bountiful Handcart days performance that Jon sang at again this year. Melanie & Shawn each had a couple of numbers as well. They did a fantastic job. I'll have to get to work on getting it on here. It takes a little more work because it's on the video camera and not my digital. Please be patient with me! :)

2 comments:

GG said...

Fun fun! Shawn wants to try canning this year. We'll see how it goes. It make sme nervous.

Love ya!

pammy said...

Keeping our fingers crossed for Doug! Hope that goes well!!!