It's funny how they don't go on any field trips all year and at the end of the year they go on two in one month, well in only a week and a half! (It would have been 3, but they got rained out on the day of the Chalk Festival one.) Anyway, I sent Shawn to this one, because I kn
ew he would enjoy eating the frozen custard, (and it would have been too much of a temptation for me). They, the whole kindergarten, walked down to Nielsen's Frozen Custard and learned how they make the custard.
Aaron had this to say about it...
"I liked it, I got to eat ice cream. We went into this fridge that you could walk into. It felt cold. They made two
kinds, chocolate and vanilla. I picked the chocolate. It was yummy and cold. The walk was so long my feet couldn't even move!!"
They sure were bushed when they got back! Kids laying all over the ground!! Aaron
was awfully red in the face when he walked in the door!! He was one of the lucky ones to have remembered to bring a water bottle. It was worth it to have, to have to carry it around.
Shawn had fun taking tons of pictures, I think he took over 50! A guy after my own heart!!
Kimberly's 2nd grade class went to Nielsen's today, as well. Shawn said she showed up as they were leaving. He said he didn't even think to get a picture of her, bummer!! She said both kinds of custard looked so good, but she couldn't resist the chocolate one!
1 comment:
mmmmmm Chocolate!
You know, I see that place everytime I come see you. I always tell myself.."I'm going to stop on my way home." But I have failed to do so. Maybe that's not such a bad thing..it's not like I need another temptation in my life.
Post a Comment