Friday, May 16, 2008

GET READY FOR SCHOOL!!!!

"Time to go" "Are you ready?" "Quit playing" "Where's your shoes?"

I will be so happy when school is out in two weeks. I am so tired of being the biggest nag in the whole Western United States!!!! I get them up at 7am, you'd think they could get ready by 8:30, 8:45 even, but no!!

We have prayer at 7, then it takes half an hour just to get them to get off the couch to start getting ready. Then once they are up, they eat and play. I am constantly following them around, "are you ready yet? Get ready for school!"

I've tried the tactic of shoving them out the door ready or not. All that results in is lots of fighting and tears (on both our parts). I've tried the 15, 10, and 5 minute warnings. I've tried bribes. They all seem to work at first, but not for very long.

Homework patrol is the other nagging thing. Sure we will be reading and a few other things here and there over the summer, but nothing like the rigid schedule of school days. Don't get me wrong, I think I'm finally getting to the point where I don't mind school, schedule is nice. But it's definitely time for summer vacation!

I am looking forward to getting some things done around the house that I can only do with the kids home. They help with the work, as well as the tending. I was just thinking... I guess I am just trading one list, for another. I don't have homework patrol, tough schedules, etc. during the summer, but I do have spring cleaning lists and things along that nature. By the time we hit August comes, we'll be ready for school to start again, maybe!!

Maybe I need to learn to enjoy the moment and quit wishing and waiting for the next thing to happen. It's not as if time isn't going too fast already!!

3 comments:

GG said...

For me, it's not just school. It's getting ready for to go ANYWHERE! It seems like it takes forever! Drives me crazy!!

Annette said...

Donna, I'm so happy that you joined the blogging world! I've added you to my web friends so more people can find you!

I feel like such a whiner, now that I look back. I only had TWO sets of shoes, homework, etc. to deal with....

You go girl!

Anonymous said...

I have always considered you a super hero. How about "Iron Mom" or maybe "Mother Supreme"!
You amaze me my dear sis. I learn a lot from you.
I also weep for you as I look toward the future and see many many more school years ahead!