Thursday, March 25, 2010

Twister!

More Family Home Evening Fun!
It's always a challenge to come up with fun ideas that our whole family can play and enjoy together. The last two weeks, we were surprised at how much fun we ended up having, at least most of us, most of the time!!

Ben pulled out Twister. We actually had two kinds. The original, as well as some Halloween one. With this many people we set up both and had both going at the same time. The big kids were hilarious because they were deliberating picking colors that would entangle arms and legs and try to push and shove. They were laughing and having a great time. The younger kids would follow their lead in getting tangled up, but couldn't seem to handle being shoved and falling. There were some tears, but some learning experiences, too! lol Nana even stayed and participated by being the spinner for a little bit.


I got lots of fun pics and had a hard time picking which ones to put on here. Just too much fun!!

This week we played another simple game of memorization. It started out with "My Grandmother is going on a trip, She put in her trunk..." We ended up saying "I'm going on a trip and I'm taking..." Each person names something they are bringing. The trick is you have to name what everyone else said in the right order before you can add what you are taking. For example, Before we were done we were saying...

"I'm going on a trip and I'm taking a blanket, a pillow, a Friend Magazine, a laptop, my sister, my toothbrush, my scriptures, a suitcase, a rose, my pj's, my mom & dad, a cherry tree, my music player, a TV, my underwear, a fireplace, socks, shoes, clothes, a rocking chair, a clock, some money, a wii, my cellphone, ..."

It went on a little more than that, but I can't remember much more. I was surprised at how much the younger kids did, some of the bigger kids got out before Tiff and Aaron! It turned out to be a simple yet fun game! By the time we were getting to the end, Beth and Ben were singing and making noises trying to distract those that were still in so they would mess up! It was quite funny!!

1 comment:

GG said...

How fun!! I used to love Twister! The "I'm going on a trip" game sounds fun too! I'll have to play that with my kids! Sounds like a good "car" game!

Love to you all!!