Thursday, May 15, 2008

Aaron's First Field Trip

I must say I was mighty sad, feeling guilty and sorry for myself that I couldn't go to the Zoo with Aaron on his first field trip. There are all sorts of reasons I had to stay behind. I had decided I would just take the girls with me and meet them there and follow them around. Then I realized that I couldn't be gone that long from Nana. Then when we got up that morning is was rainy, so it wouldn't have worked to take the girls anyway.

We did however walk down to the school and "see him off". He was so excited to be able to ride on the big yellow bus. He even got to pack a lunch and eat it there. We wrote his name on and put stickers all over his lunch bag so he would recognize it in all the lunch bags at lunch time. But in the rush to get to school that morning, I neglected to get a picture of the bag, oh well. We waited for the bus to pull out and waved as he drove away. He said it rained and he got wet but he liked seeing all the animals. His favorite were the rhino's!



With Aaron off to school, the girls and I have started walking again. We don't go everyday, yet, because it's not always warm enough and I'm not always as ambitious as I should be. But we like to be outside and enjoy the warmer days.

1 comment:

GG said...

Wow Aaron! I am so glad you had a great time! The kids and I like to go to the zoo too! Maybe you can come with us one of these weekends!

I love you!!