Friday, June 20, 2008

Boy, Do I have Great Kids!!

I just wanted to take a minute and thank my kids for all they do for me. I've reached a point in my life where they help me so much with all I have to do and they "for the most part" don't begrudge it.

I've had a few trips I would have never been able to take without their willingness to "hold down the fort". In February, Doug, Natalie and I went to California for my Grandpa's 90th Birthday Bash. We also did some genealogy research while we were there. In April, of course was the big one where Doug and I went to Guatemala. Then just recently, we went to Spokane & Canada to see the wedding and Grandpa.

They are so willing too, I'm not sure if it's because they're glad that I'm not around to boss them and keep them working!!

They also help me with the day to day babysitting & all that goes with having younger kids in the house. They help with the chores and house work (that one not as willing as the rest!!) But they do it none the less. I don't think I could accomplish nearly what I do because they help me so much. I love summer vacation mostly because they are all home and we do a lot of spring cleaning. If they are not actually spring cleaning with me, then they are babysitting so I can get the work done! I am missing Jon not being here, it will get harder as they all start to get old enough and grown up enough to "leave the nest". But the younger ones get older and they learn to help better each year.

Anyway, I feel like I'm jabbering now and should probably quit while I'm ahead. I just wanted to give credit where credit is due. People ask me all the time how do I "do it" with 11 kids. Well, I certainly don't do it alone. I have a great family (don't want to leave out my husband, he's pretty great too!) that really help me out, as well as a Wonderful Father in Heaven who helps to keep me sane on those days when I think I just can't do it anymore!! He reminds me that I can't fail, if I keep trying and never give up!!

Thanks, guys!!!

1 comment:

GG said...

Wow! Lots of blogging today!

You're older ones are so good with the little ones. It is great to watch! They just love each other so much!