Monday, June 23, 2008

Sacrament Meeting Talks!

So I don't know why I was so surprised they asked us to speak in Sacrament Meeting about our Guatemala trip, but I was. I was actually a little nervous about it because I had gone up and bore my testimony in May and briefly told a couple of stories and experiences that really touched me about it. What more could I talk about? The butterflies and nervous feeling didn't get really bad until I walked into the Chapel and saw the Stake President up on the stand! I was crying just sitting on the stand waiting for it to be my turn. Doug had to lean over to me and talk me down, it pretty much worked and, boy, I just went for it. I guess!! I took 35 minutes and only left Doug with 10!!! In my own defense, he did tell me to take all the time I wanted, that I told the stories better (I'm not so sure of that), but I didn't think I could actually talk that long!! **Well, over the pulpit, anyway. You all know I sure can be a talker, but that's on a much smaller group level. :)

I thought I would put on the blog my talk, since it mostly was stories from my trip and I won't have to write them out again. I decided to separate them in different posts by story so any one post wouldn't be too long.

I didn't leave Doug much time and then they had an intermediate hymn in between. I was surprised she had the congregation sing all the verses seeing that we were so short on time for Doug. I guess she thought if I didn't care, she didn't!! :) Anyway, He did a good job, even though he had to really butcher his notes to make it fit in the time I left him. He finished with his poem that he wrote (refer to his earlier post on Guatemala) and then bore a sweet testimony.

2 comments:

GG said...

I am grateful that I was there for your talks. It was a wonderful meeting and you could really feel the spirit.

Donna said...

Thanks for coming, I appreciate your support!