That seems to be the question in the air right now. Everyone wants to know what is going on with Shawn. Well, I don't really know a whole lot, but here is a general idea. He came home from his mission the second time December 31st. He bought a car and went to work for Pizza Hut and the county Rec Center.
In April on his way to a training class in Arizona, he rolled his car like 5 or 6 times, and yes, totally demolished his car! Luckily, he came out of it with only a nick to his head. The tow truck guy and police were amazed that he was alive at all, and yet he was hardly scathed!
So now he still has to pay for the car, but doesn't have one. He had already quit the Pizza Hut job for reasons he hasn't really explained to me. Oh, he did get himself entangled in this real estate "school". Got himself into a whole mess of debt in the process. He is trying to get this "business" off the ground and really hopes to be making lots of money in the near future. I am sorry to say, that I am skeptical about it, but hope things work out for him.
It doesn't look like he has any plans on trying to return to the mission field. Looks like "he's getting on with his life." Now that he's been home for 5 months, I've decided it was time to start charging him rent. He thinks I should be helping him to get on his feet from his mission. In other words, no rent. Just curious, what do you think???
He did go in for an audition to be an extra in an upcoming movie being filmed in the Salt Lake area. Looks like they like him and will call him when they are ready to shoot. He is very hopeful and this will get him some extra moola!!
2 comments:
Moola is always good! I can't believe the talent your family has! Maybe Shawn will be the actor!
Is it the Brad Pitt movie?? I heard they were casting about a week or two ago.
As for rent, yah...it's time. If you can invest money, Shawn, then you should be able to pay rent. Moms and Dads do not run flop houses or shelters. You are an adult and adults pay their way.
I hope the real estate business takes off! I know he is really excited for that!
Post a Comment