Monday, June 23, 2008

Steven Left for Scout Camp This Morning...


...and what a morning it was. He was so excited to be going to Scout Camp. They are headed to Bear Lake Aquatics. I am quite nervous because it's been a while since I've sent a young one to camp without Doug. He's not the scoutmaster so, he didn't go. He might go on Thursday night if it works out he can take Friday off from work. I am very hopeful, but we'll have to wait and see.


Anyway, this morning was not a good way to send him off. He's actually been putting together his stuff and "packing" since Friday afternoon. So last night I asked him if he was ready and I got the traditional answer from him which was "almost". It was late and he'd been asking where things were and we even went to the store for his treats, so I told him to go to bed. I usually run from 6-7am, so I got up an extra 15 minutes early this morning so I could be back earlier to help him finish get ready and give him a hair cut before he left. (I really should have thought about it earlier and done it during the week, at the very least on Saturday) Anyway, I got him up before I left and told him to finish packing his bag, get his stuff upstairs, and eat. I would cut his hair when I got back. He got up and started to get dressed and I left. When I got back his stuff wasn't upstairs, so I went looking for him. I found him sound asleep in his bed. Apparently, he got dressed and promptly went back to bed! I then found out that his stuff was all over his room, not in his bag, and he didn't even have it all together yet. This was 6:35am and he was supposed to be at his leaders home at 7am. Needless to say he didn't get his hair cut. He was whining about that, but what could I do??? I, of course, over reacted and too noisily got him moving. We got him there, but 20 minutes late (I hate that) . I had to stop and give him a big hug and tell him that I loved him and I'm sorry things didn't work out better this morning, because I realized it really wasn't a nice way to send him off, especially when I wasn't going to see him until Saturday.
I did sneak some pictures before they left, here he is with his Scoutmaster, Trent; then one with the whole group.

2 comments:

GG said...

Packing is one of the most frustrating things for me. I pack everybody up for everything. I even do Shawn's packing. And so if I forget something it is my fault. I hate packing! But if I didnt do it my family would only go with the clothes on their back and treats.

Donna said...

LOL, don't you know as wife and mother everything is always your fault??!!