Thursday, March 19, 2009

New Look!

Melanie and I have been talking about cutting our hair and donating it for a few weeks now, yesterday we finally acted on all our "talk"!

We both were very nervous about cutting off a whole 10 inches! We were afraid it would be too short. When I got there I decided I didn't care, I was going to do it no matter how short. They told her, hers wouldn't even hit her shoulders, maybe half way down her neck by the time they were finished. So she had to think about it for a little bit. So I went first.


I was very surprised at the results!
From this... To this!






Melanie was trying to decide if she should cut only 7 inches, instead of the 10. The hairdresser told her if she was going to do that much she would regret it if she didn't do the 10 inches. So she thought about it a little more and by the time I was done, she decided to go ahead. They did such a good job. Instead of pulling it back in one pony tail, they put it in 4 sections. By doing this she could minimize what it would take to even it out.






Again we were very pleasantly surprised!




Here's her before and after...











We both are happy campers!!

5 comments:

Angie said...

I love it!! You guys look great! Sadie and I have haircut appointments this afternoon. I don't think I have 10 inches to give, but I'm excited.

Jennie said...

Your right, they did do a good job. You guys look great! Even with the wet look, and not everyone can pull that off.

pammy said...

WOW! Amazing! That is so neat! You both look great! I love my short hair!!!!

GG said...

I am so jealous! I'm going to have to go get mine done! I, too, have been talking about it for ages! It's time for a little hair spring cleaning!

Rena said...

Don't tell Melanie but you look like her younger sister now instead of her mother. I have donate before too. It is a scary.