Monday, February 1, 2010

Birthdays!

January is a month for birthdays for us! I can't believe I missed writing about all of them!

So here goes...

First on the 15th, Bethanie turned 17! We really didn't do a whole lot with her, she is definitely our typical 17 year old. She made plans of her own with her older siblings. They went to dinner at Ruby River and to a movie. They saw Avitar. I asked about going with her and she didn't seem very enthusiastic, so I didn't. The rest of the weekend was kind of busy, so we really didn't do much. We didn't know what to get her, so we just gave her some cash. I think she's using it to go to the Chris Daughtry concert in April. I want to make her a pumpkin pie in celebration of her birthday but haven't yet. I better do that this week and take a pic for our end of year slide show. She's still working on getting her drivers license. She has to take the driver test before the 20th or she'll have to retake the written. Yuck! I didn't have a pic to put in that I took on her bday, I know I already used this one, but it's a good one so I decided to use it again.

Second on the 18th, Melanie turned 20! No longer a teenager! Her bday fell on a Monday, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, so she didn't have to go to work! That was lucky for her both jobs were closed that day! I'm not sure I remember what she did with her day, I think she slept in and just enjoyed her day. For Family Home Evening we just played games together and ate cake and ice cream. I think I made her favorite dinners all weekend, including ordering some Papa John's pizza one of the nights!


Third was my bday on the 24th! I celebrated all weekend. I went to dinner with my hubby on Friday. We had Pinewood derby with Aaron Saturday morning, then dinner with Gina that night. Sunday was of course church, so I made a wonderful BBQ pork ribs in the crock pot! My family were wonderful to help me celebrate with and with out them all weekend. Melanie made us some of her wonderful cinnamon rolls! I almost forgot to take a pic before they were gone.

Steven's bday is next!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Wow, Happy Birthday to you all!!!
You forgot to tell us what age you turned Donna. ;)

GG said...

Happy Happy birthday to everyone!! I love you all so much!

When is Steven's?? I need a list!

Donna said...

That's funny, I think you were kidding, but I guess I did forget. I'm not afraid to admit it, I turned 41 this year! I think it's amazing how time flies!!

Oh and GG...Steven's is Feb 8th!

Angie said...

You do have a lot of birthdays close together! What fun!

I have a brother and sister with birthdays the same week as mine and when I was little we loved that week with three Birthday cakes! Though I see now how much work it must have been for my mom! :o)