Thursday, June 17, 2010

Swimming at the Rec Center

I mentioned earlier that we got passes to the Rec Center. We've been swimming a few times, I finally took my camera to get a few pics.



Nattie Bug is terrified of the water! I am so surprised at just how scared she is. She is better at times but I'm going to have to get a swim suit and get in the water with her and really work with her. So far she's just been going into the water with her Dad or siblings. They just hold her and sometimes she screams and sometimes she's okay. The other day, Ben just grabbed her and took her down the kiddie slide. We figured after once or twice she'd like it, but she would scream everytime he came near her to take her down again.







However, that strategy did work on Tiffany. They have a big slide inside and we just knew Tiff would enjoy it if she would just have the courage to go down just once. It took quite a bit of coaxing, but she finally consented to going down with Ben. And sure enough, she loved it. She doesn't swim well enough to go down alone and they don't want life jackets down the slide. So she went down several times with Ben.


I had to put one to show that she does have fun sometimes!!







I love our passes because we don't feel pressured to stay for a long time, an hour or two is plenty!

1 comment:

GG said...

That looks like so much fun! I better not show my kids these pics...they'll want to come! LOL