Thursday, June 17, 2010

Zoo Pass with Guest

We decided to go to the zoo this week so Aaron could earn his Cub Scout Zoo Patch!


We invited the Olson family to join us! We were very fortunate to get them all in on our pass!! I am happy about getting a pass this year and adding a guest, it sure has made it much more flexible and fun!!

It was a perfect day for it, it was warm and partly cloudy, not too hot, not too cold! We decided to go earlier rather than later and boy am I glad we did. By the time we were ready to leave, the wind had kicked up and the temperature started to drop.




We had fun walking around while the boys wrote down 20 different animals and where they were from. It was fun to see them start to recognize the places on the maps as we got closer to the end of their list.


Nattie Bug wanted to be carried as soon as we got out of the van, so I splurged and got a stroller this time. It was well worth it, I had both girls in it a lot of the time, sometimes fighting about it and sometimes hugging each other!














The kids had the chance to pet a snake and possum that zoo keepers were randomly walking around the zoo for people to pet. We also had fun watching the giraffe eat the leaves off of sticks and how he uses his tongue to move the stick around in his mouth and get every morsel of green off of it!! Hilarious!!! I really wish I would have gotten a video clip of that, but I was too fascinated to think about it until it was over!! lol















Then of course the very last stop before we leave, the Playground!!


Thanks, Olson's, for sharing in our fun Zoo Day!!

1 comment:

GG said...

We love the zoo! I'm sorry we weren't able to join you! Looks like you had a good time though!

Love to all!