This weekend was starting out to be the same. I had been thinking about it for a couple of weeks in hopes of avoiding wasting the time trying to think of something to do. I had recently renewed our rec center passes mainly because this was our last year to get our Davis County discount. sn
iff sniff. Last year I had two county employees so I got $400 off the $525 yearly pass. This year I only had one, so I got the $200 discount. It's still way expensive, but for a family of my size it actually works out in our favor. Next year I will have to pay the full price, yuck!! We'll see if we use it well this year, then I'll do it, if not then I won't. Anyway, I knew I had to take them swimming to kick off the summer right.
Saturday - we decided to head to the park first. Melanie and Steven went and bought some kites. So we experimented with kite flying. We had some trouble getting started. It was windy enough to get them up, but not windy enough to keep them up. We finally realized that store kites do not have enough string. We needed to get them up higher to be able to get them to stay up. So we combined strings from two of the kites and made the other two twice as long. That's w
hen the fun really began! Who would have thought that flying kites could be so fun! For some of them anyway, the ones that didn't want to fly kites just played on the playground. It works!
After playing and kite flying, we went to the Rec Center and swam for an hour. That's the beauty of having a pass, you don't have to feel like you have to stay half the day to get your money's worth! Poor Natalie was terrified! Just when she would start to feel comfortable she would be crawling around in the very shallow water and her face would go under and her feet would come up. All she had to do was just stand up, but she just didn't have the sense to do it! Then she would be all scared and crying again. We have got to work on that girl this summer. The kids are a little rusty on their swimming skills but not too bad, we should be able to fix that by just swimming! I probably need to get Tiff in swim lessons
and see if I can get her swimming too. We'll see,they are so expensive but it sure paid off for the last three!
On our way home from the pool we went stopped and got some pizza! Came home, showered the younguns, and ate pizza and watched a movie. Some of the kids said it was the funnest day ever!! I don't think quite that fun, but it did turn out to be a fun day!!
Sunday - We had a great opportunity to share in Baby Megan's Baby Blessing! We attended their whole ward block because it was at the same time as ours. We also shared the luncheon and was able to visit with family a
nd friends, we stayed the whole afternoon! (a big THANKS to GG for helping me with Nana so I could be gone that long!!)
Monday - We had a picnic in our back yard and discussed some tree house plans! We hope to get that project going again this summer! We want to get some railing and stairs for starters and hopefully an upper platform! We'll see!
We went swimming again! I am amazed at how much fun the kids think that is! We came home and made homemade hamburgers. Believe it or not, I believe this dinner ranks right up there with pizza! Every one of us loves these hamburgers!!
After dinner we went to the park again and played Ultimate Frisbee. We actually had everyone there! It made for a fun game! Then home again for homemade Ice Cream!!
I can't believe I only took pictures on the first day, the first activity!!
Boy were we all POOPED!! The younger kids literally fell into their beds!!
2 comments:
Sounds like lots of fun! I wish I wasn't such a party pooper when it came to swimming. My kids would love it!!
I love you!!
sounds like a wonderful holiday weekend ... oh, i need to blog about my memorial day adventure! Thanks for the reminder! xoxoxo
Post a Comment