Thursday, August 26, 2010

Trip to Canada, Part 2

Friday was the funeral. I'm glad it wasn't until the afternoon. It made for a nicer morning to get everyone up and out, especially since we had such a long day/night the day before. We were very fortunate to have nice rooms to stay in. I have to admit I was skeptical when Diana said she got us some rooms at the Barn Store. I didn't even know the Barn Store had "rooms" and I couldn't imagine what kind of rooms they would be sitting behind a Barn Store! LOL (I'm sad I didn't get pics, I don't know what I was thinking.) Anyway, we had connecting rooms, one of which had a full kitchen! I brought pancake mix for breakfast and the barn store was available for milk and anything else we needed. We had rooms and beds for everyone, and 3 bathrooms! It was comfortable and nice, Thanks, Diana!!

We ate breakfast and got ready. We had some practising to do before everything started. Jon and Melanie sang a beautiful duet together and had to go over it with their piano player. Doug and I were also singing with some of his other siblings. Aunt Donna spoke about Grandpa, and Doug spoke about the gospel message. Both did a great job! We headed out to the cemetery, then back in town for dinner.
Everything went real well. It was fun to see and visit with family and friends. Grandpa looked great. I have been so happy for him to finally get to "go home" so I wasn't prepared for the tears that came when I had to say goodbye. I can't really explain my tie to this man. I've never really had the opportunity to spend any extended amount of time with him, but I have felt a bond with him I can't explain. It has been very hard for me to be so far away these last few years. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to see him in April and to be his daughter in law!



Here is a fun pic of the Grandchildren that were there!
Afterwards, the siblings got together to tie up loose ends, and the rest of us went back to Mountain View, where our rooms were. The kids played on the playground at the school, watched movies, played games and we all visited until late!
I have lots more pics, it was hard to pick which to use. I think I will post more on the Extended Family blog soon. I will put a link here when I do.

No comments: