Saturday, August 28, 2010

Trip to Canada, Part 3

Saturday was the Heritage Days Celebration as well as the John James & Jennie Heap Reunion.

We were supposed to get up in time for breakfast and the parade, but we were liking relaxing and sleeping in a little too much and missed the parade. Some of the Extended Family went. There were some pics of Ron and Angela's kids riding horses in the parade.

Jon, Melanie & Beth had to head home to pick up Jon's car in Butte before they closed as well as be home for work and other commitments. Jon was headed to Austin, Texas for American Idol try outs. That's a whole 'nother post, I guess!

The Reunion was at the Reunion Center in Cardston. We don't remember ever being there. I guess it's been a while since we've gone to this particular reunion. It used to be at Lion's Park, maybe?? Anyway, it was a nice bldg with a playground for the kids!


We ate, visited and played games with the kids. It was fun to see people I knew and meet people I didn't know. It looks as if Woodrow's family is partially in charge of the next one! But I can't remember if it's in 2 years or 3! I guess we'll have to find out!











The siblings got together again, for one more final tying of loose ends and paper work. We had everyone there, except for Jim. We feel so blessed for everything to have worked out so well. Everyone agreed to everything and signed what ever they needed to, so they could proceed and finalize everything. We are so grateful for Diana, being the executor, taking care of Dad and his everything all these years!

Afterwards, we went back to Diana & Ron's to pick up some more of Dad's stuff to bring home with us. That's another big THANK YOU to Diana & Ron for taking care of all the "stuff"!! Back to the hotel to eat up some of the food from the funeral the night before. We kind of wondered what happened to everyone because we seemed to be practically the only ones back at the hotel. Later we found out that several of them ended up at the Rodeo. Too bad we didn't realize some of them were going, I probably would have sent some of the older kids. Oh well, we just hung out and watched movies until it was time to head back into town for the fireworks!

Another FULL day and we dropped kids into bed exhausted!!
I'm going to try to put more pics on the extended family blog, when I do, I will put a link here when I do.

No comments: