Monday, April 4, 2011

General Conference

Wow, what a weekend!!

The 5 youngest kids started the weekend off with a sleep over with GG at her house!  They had a blast!  It's been a while since those kids have been together and they loved it.  That meant that Doug and I were alone for Friday night and Saturday morning!!  Conference was quiet, the morning session anyway.



We were surprised by Melanie, she showed up to watch conference with us.  It was a NICE surprise.  We haven't had much time together and ended up talking through most of the first session!

 

Then Holly, Garrett and Andrea showed up about half way through!  We knew they were coming.  Holly ran a 10 miler in Salt Lake that morning.  She took 2nd place!  She ran it in an hour and 15 minutes!  Way to go, Holly!  It was sure fun to see everyone and visit for a little bit!  I am so glad conference is not only printed in the Ensign, but I can watch it on the Internet as well.  It let me really enjoy these great people!!  Holly stayed with us until Sunday afternoon! 



Right after Doug left for the priesthood session, we got another great surprise!  Shawn showed up from Price for a surprise visit!! He had to run to the priesthood session, so it was a quick hug and I'll see you later.  Then we got to visit afterwards.  Doug brought back cold stone ice cream!  Yum!!

I was amazed at both Sunday sessions at how much I needed to hear.  What a spiritual Feast!

Shawn left this morning!  It was fun to see him and visit with him.  I don't think I got one picture of him though!  Ugh!!  Come to think of it, I really didn't get very many pictures at all!! 




We have our spring break this week, Should be fun!!  Hope the weather cooperates!!

1 comment:

GG said...

I thought I commented on this one a long time ago...my bad. (Is that still cool to say? My bad? I'm getting so...old. ::sniff sniff::)

I was able to catch up with Shawn a little bit on that Fridy! I was so excited to hear he was going to surprise you! I'm glad Mel showed up too!