I am way behind as usual!
Last week was Doug's Birthday. On the Friday before I took him to pick out a curio cabinet. Yup, you heard that right! He's been talking about getting one for a while now. He's a collector of sorts. Some nice looking stuff and some not so nice looking stuff. I won't go into the details of that.

Anyway, we just didn't really have a place for one and I was kind of leery about spending that kind of money on one and then have him put stuff like Lil' Chuck cars in there! Lol
With my living room back to my living room, I decided we could put one in there. I was happy with the one he picked out, he let me state my opinion even though it was his bday present, but he made the final decision and did a fantastic job! He went and picked it up on Saturday and got it all set up. We were very fortunate to have our nephew Shawn here when he got home with it to help him get it in the house, Thanks, Shawn!
He spent the better part of the day going through his "stuff" deciding what to put in there and arranging it just so! He did a really good job with it! It's beautiful! I don't know what I was worried about!!
On Monday, his actual Bday, we stopped at a DI Thrift store (something he likes to do)...I found my Easter dress! Then we came home to make dinner. I made his favorite, turkey hamburgers. The kids gave him the rest of his presents and we ate yummy
Ooey Gooey Peanut Butter Brownies (of course I replaced the oil with bean puree!) I'll have to post about that soon. Lol
I just put a random number of candles on the top for him to blow out because I didn't want to mess with 49 all over the top! Party Pooper, I know!! I'll have to do something special for next year!!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Uncle Doug. Sounds like you had a great day. Gotta love birthdays, best invention EVER!
Happy Birthday Uncle Doug!!!
I love how you arranged the Curio Cabinet! I love your nesting dolls. When I went to the Czech Republic with Ian I wanted to get the wood burnt ones so bad. They are so beautiful! I also recognize the horse! Good memories!
Love it!!!
Happy Birthday Uncle Doug! I have something for you. Well, it's more from Shawn, he picked it out, but I'll take credit for it since I will be the one delivering it. :)
Post a Comment