Monday, April 25, 2011

Nattie Bug's Birthday!

It's so hard to believe my little Nattie Bug is 4 years old!!  Her Birthday was on Wednesday.  She could hardly wait!  She was telling me over and over what she wanted for her bday.   For several weeks now, she's been asking for a Tinkerbell blanket among a couple other things.  I was so glad I could find one for her.  But even though I got her a couple of things she asked for I think her favorite was the pee wee pillow pet.  It was really a last minute addition, because when I saw it the night before her bday, it was too cute to pass up!


The night before, we blew up balloons until our cheeks hurt and put them all over the living room walls and ceiling.  She was excited to see so many balloons when she got up.  We have a tradition to let the younger kids open their presents before school so they can play with them all day while the rest of the kids are in school.  So, we had our little birthday party at 7am!  She opened her presents and we ate chocolate chip waffles with ice cream and chocolate syrup for breakfast!! 




















She had her heart set on going to the park.  And sure enough with the weather the way it's been, it was raining, of course.  She was so disappointed that I told her if she didn't mind her bottom getting wet, we could go for a little bit anyway.  She jumped at the chance!  What kind of Mom takes her kids to the park in the rain?   Well, I was the only mom there, but I wasn't the only parent!  There was one Dad and a Grandpa there with their kids/grand kids!  I rest my case!! We stayed until their bums were soaking wet and their little hands were freezing!  I kept asking her if she was ready to go home and she would say no, not yet.  Finally, when she commented on how cold her hands were, I offered lunch and hot chocolate if she went home, she agreed!


We spent the afternoon playing and making her cake.  I got this idea to make it into the shape of an Easter Bunny.  It's pretty obvious, A cake decorator I am not, but I gave it a try!  Good things she's 4 and it really didn't matter to her!  lol

We let her put her own candles on the cake.  Dad lit them of course!











She went to bed a very happy girl! 







The night before our Wonderful Home Teacher came by with her bday gift!  It was a great way to get her excited for her big day!!

2 comments:

GG said...

Happy HAPPY HaPpY BiRtHdAy! I love you sweet little Nattie Bug!

PS- I think the cake looks awesome!

Donna said...

Hilarious! a little scarey, I think!