Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Gardner Hall Concert

Here's one more about Melanie, I just can't help it!!

I have a sound clip of her doing her solo and ensemble song for her senior choir concert at Gardner Hall on the UofU campus. She really nailed this one, I'm kind of sad that I didn't even get a picture of her up on the stage. I knew they were recording the whole concert so I was just thinking I didn't need to video it, but after I was there watching her sing and how beautiful she was, I could have just kicked myself over and over for not even bringing the camera. Anyway, Doug saved the day and put together a really nice slide show to go with it.


Wow!! Wasn't that just amazing??!! (In case you're wondering why you couldn't understand the words to this song, she is singing it in Italian.) Would you believe she came down with a sore throat the morning of the concert and was worried if she would be able to sing at all? All that day, but especially right up to the actual performance, I was praying and praying for her that she would do well. I just kept saying please oh please she so deserves this and as you can hear, He thought so too!!

2 comments:

GG said...

All I can say is Wow! That was amazing! I couldn't help but share it with some friends at work!

Anonymous said...

Absolutly wonderful. What talent and beauty.
I'll be expecting a cd soon, Mel!