On Friday June 4th, at 3pm, Ben graduated from High School with Honors (that's what the silver cord means, 3.5 or above) at the Bountiful Regional Center!
We had 467 graduates from Bountiful High School! We got there early and got the best seats in the house. I don't think anyone really knew they would be the best seats, but when I saw them open, I jumped at them. It was great!! I was perfectly situated to take pics of him coming in and going out! Then Doug taped him "walking" from his seat. I moved up and took some still pics but they mostly turned out blurry. I tested on other kids before he came out to get the setting right on my camera to g
et the best shot I could from so far away. Then when it came time to take pics of Ben for some reason they are all blurry!! Bummer! Oh well we have a great video! Maybe I'll have to see if I can get some still shots off the video.
Anyway, even though we were in the Regional Center, we still couldn't invite anyone but parents and grandparents to come. They were supposedly pretty strict about it, and yet we always wonder how some kids have such a "fan club" anyway!
We were asked to refrain from yelling and clapping until all the names were read and all the graduates walked. They really laid down a huge guilt trip in advance on those who did. There are alw
ays a few who yell, clap and scream anyway. I was able to attend my nephew's graduation the night before. They didn't even bother to ask them not to yell, I think it was awesome to be able to clap and yell for our graduate. Oh well, we congratulated him all day, and afterwards took him to dinner!!
Here's the infamous walk across the stage!
Congrats to Ben & TJ! We love you, both!!
2 comments:
Here's a great big WOOT WOOT for our graduates!! I'm very proud of you guys!!
Good Job, and with Honors!!!
Ben you could have shared at least a few of your many talents with your cousin... ;)
Post a Comment