Here is my first attempt at writing my notes on some of my Women's Conference classes or discussion notes. I chose a shorter one this time due to lack of time this morning.
Sacrifice & Selflessness in Marriage
"Be Ye All of One Mind"
By Paul & Heather Savage
' "True marriage is based on a happiness which comes from giving, serving, sharing, sacrificing, and selflessness" (Pres Spencer W. Kimball). Marriage may require couples to economize, adjust priorities, postpone plans, or move away from family. How can we be a better "sacred support" and help meet for our spouses?'
(This is the synopsis that made me choose to come to the class)
I felt like they didn't stick to the synopsis quite as much as I would have liked, but my notes reflected a good way of thinking about it.
"We need to continually look at our spouse through the Saviors' eyes. Treat with kindness and love."
She really spent a lot of time explaining why we need to be one. That God intends for us to be one in marriage. Lots of quotes and scriptures. (This wasn't a question in my mind, I didn't need the proof that this was important, but maybe somebody did. So I felt this was wasting precious time.)
But I wasn't disappointed with this way of looking at our relationship with our spouse...
"We are emulating the Savior when we love our spouses with all our hearts. We MUST ACTIVELY repent and forgive in marriage. By always remembering Christ, we remember and better see and love our spouses as Christ does.
To remember Christ and forgive when our spouse has done something to hurt us, is keeping our covenants to always remember Him."
At first I didn't think they were very helpful at all, Or really stuck to the subject. But as I have reread my notes over the last few weeks and pondered this, I've come to the realization that as we put Christ first in our lives and in our marriages, as we repent and really strive to become better, as we strive to see our spouses as Christ does...It does help us to be a "sacred support" and help meet for our spouses!
End of preschool
10 years ago
1 comment:
oh how I miss WC ...maybe next year! Thanks for the spouse reminder!!Good food for thought!
Post a Comment