To pick up where I left off...Doug and I got home from Canada at just before 4pm on Wednesday to greet the kids as they came home from school. I had just enough time to unpack, do a load of laundry, pack, make sure Doug knew what to do for the kids (schedules, homework, etc.) and get back out the door to head to Women's Conference in Provo.
Wouldn't you know it, I put my load of laundry in and my washer decided not to spin dry! The transmission had quit! I knew I was having some trouble with the machine itself, but it wasn't consistent. Well it decided it was finally done. I had to hand wring out my clothes to get them in the drier, & call the repair man to come before the weekend. Fortunately, he came on Thursday and fixed my machine on Friday. While he was replacing the transmission he noticed the pump was going out, too. Doug decided to go ahead and let him replace that too. It cost just about $450! Ugh!! The good news is that my machine is just about a brand new machine now. I've replaced everything in it except for the motor!
Anyway, back to WC. We finally got out of here around 6:30pm. A little later than planned but we got there and checked in just fine. Not too crowded. We grabbed a bite to eat and hooked up with Andrea and Holly, my nieces. We picked our classes and planned our day.
The next couple of days were filled with spending time together and running all over BYU Campus attending wonderful classes & opening/closing sessions & doing service projects! It was great! We got to see a really fun Shadow Mountain Concert, with Mi
chael McLean, Hillary Weeks, Dallen Van Bailles, Alex Boye, Mercy River and the Fab 5 from America's Got Talent on Thursday night! It was So Fun!! I'm hoping to get a pic of the 4 of us at the concert from Holly. For some reason Mel or I didn't even think to bring a camera. :(
I think one of the best parts was getting together and sharing our notes and thoughts on the all the classes we attended! It was like being able to attend more than the six that there was time for!
One of the things we were challenged to do when we got home, was to share what we learned with family and friends that didn't get to come. So I've decided over the next couple of months I will post some of my notes and thoughts on some of the classes I was able to attend (or swapped notes on).
We checked out of our room on Saturday morning and headed over to Holly's apt where she cooked us some waffles and scrambled eggs! I've never had tomatoes in my scrambled eggs before, it was yummy!
We stopped by Annie's to pick up Emily's scriptures that she left there after the baby's blessings. It was fun to see her and the boys!
Then we headed to the Sandy Expo Center to meet Doug and the kids at the Scout O Rama!
Wouldn't you know it, I put my load of laundry in and my washer decided not to spin dry! The transmission had quit! I knew I was having some trouble with the machine itself, but it wasn't consistent. Well it decided it was finally done. I had to hand wring out my clothes to get them in the drier, & call the repair man to come before the weekend. Fortunately, he came on Thursday and fixed my machine on Friday. While he was replacing the transmission he noticed the pump was going out, too. Doug decided to go ahead and let him replace that too. It cost just about $450! Ugh!! The good news is that my machine is just about a brand new machine now. I've replaced everything in it except for the motor!
Anyway, back to WC. We finally got out of here around 6:30pm. A little later than planned but we got there and checked in just fine. Not too crowded. We grabbed a bite to eat and hooked up with Andrea and Holly, my nieces. We picked our classes and planned our day.
The next couple of days were filled with spending time together and running all over BYU Campus attending wonderful classes & opening/closing sessions & doing service projects! It was great! We got to see a really fun Shadow Mountain Concert, with Mi
I think one of the best parts was getting together and sharing our notes and thoughts on the all the classes we attended! It was like being able to attend more than the six that there was time for!
One of the things we were challenged to do when we got home, was to share what we learned with family and friends that didn't get to come. So I've decided over the next couple of months I will post some of my notes and thoughts on some of the classes I was able to attend (or swapped notes on).
We checked out of our room on Saturday morning and headed over to Holly's apt where she cooked us some waffles and scrambled eggs! I've never had tomatoes in my scrambled eggs before, it was yummy!
We stopped by Annie's to pick up Emily's scriptures that she left there after the baby's blessings. It was fun to see her and the boys!
Then we headed to the Sandy Expo Center to meet Doug and the kids at the Scout O Rama!
1 comment:
I can't wait to hear more!
And sorry about your washer! I'm glad that it's good as new now though!!
Post a Comment