Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July Weekend - Monday

Aren't long weekends fun??!!


I decided to take the kids to the Museum of Natural History on Monday. The summer is the perfect time to work on cub scout patches and belt loops. I took advantage of the fact that the admission to the museum is free on the first Monday of the month. I was hoping it wouldn't be too busy being the 4th holiday. It wasn't too bad until towards the end, it got a bit busy, but by that time we had had enough!

We learned the difference between a petraglyph and a pictograph!



I have to tell the story of this picture...I'm working with Aaron on answering questions to earn his patch when I hear this guy in the picture laughing. Tiffany is following him around and he's laughing. I asked what is she doing? He said she asked me what I was doing, I told her I was cleaning the glass on the display cases. So she would wait for him to finish then smear her hand over the glass he just cleaned! He thought it was funny, so she did too, so she kept following him around the room and doing it!! I couldn't believe it!! How could my sweet little Tiffany be such a little snot??!! I guess because he thought it was so hilarious!








It was fun for the kids to see the paleontology lab and dig for dinosaur fossils! It was also cool to see the huge dinosaur skeletons!


We learned about Earthquakes, Rocks, and minerals too! Here Emily is making her own earthquake.
























They also had a bug exhibit! It was cool to see some of those behind glass, it wouldn't have been so cool otherwise!!
They also had a place to do puppet shows!
Speaking of bugs, I went into the furnace room to look for something for Steven on Saturday, we heard this really loud buzzing sound. We both looked up to see this HUGE bumble bee flying around. It was funny that we both had the same reaction, GET OUT OF THAT ROOM!!! Naturally, we called for Dad to come take care of it. He came down and caught him in this bucket because he was much too big to try to squash! We didn't want to make him mad inside the house!! I am so grateful that Doug was home to take care of it!!

1 comment:

GG said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Sorry we couldn't come with! It reminds me of the museum we went to in Lehi!