Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Kennecott Copper Mine



Last night we took the kids to the Kennecott Copper Mine for Family Home Evening. Some were very excited and some were very not excited (mostly the big kids)! I figured we had to take advantage of the free admission this week!

































It was hot, but the visitor center is air conditioned. I spent most of the time working with Aaron on his cub scout patch. We learned A LOT!! I think Aaron was most amazed when he heard that astronauts can see the pit from outer space!!

I forgot my camera so I had to use my cell phone camera.



Afterwards, we tried to make it up to the bigger kids and stopped at Cold Stone Creamery for an all you can eat ice cream buffet! I told them they could eat as much as they wanted, one scoop at a time. No Stomach Aches! I think they liked that!! Ben showed up to the table with a mixing bowl!! Such a comedian!
They didn't eat as much as I expected, But let me tell you, the little kids were WIRED right before bed. I'll have to think twice before loading them up like that before bed again!!

8 comments:

GG said...

I've never been to Kennecott. I'm with the older kids on this one...doesn't look like my cup of tea. LOL Although, all you can eat ice cream...I'm down with that. But I'm one of those few people (infact, I don't think I've ever heard the words uttered, so I may be the ONLY person in the world) who does does think Cold Stone is what it is cracked up to be. I take the kids there from time to time because they like picking everything out, but I don't think it's excellent ice cream. Please don't shoot!

Donna said...

I won't shoot you! We tried to talk them into Leatherby's and they said they'd rather go to Cold Stone!! Go Figure!!

GG said...

See...I'm a sucker for the leatherby's banana split! But I substitute the pineapple sauce for caramel! Ohhh mmm mmm good!

Donna said...

That's what I remember the banana splits you can't possibly eat all by yourself!

I was happy with the sinless ice cream creation at cold stone last night, though! I could have ice cream with out worrying about weigh in tonight!

GG said...

That's awesome! So just how sinless is the ice cream??

Donna said...

Sinless enough to add banana, peanut butter and cashews!! So Yum!!

GG said...

Well, there ya go!

Jennie said...

Leatherby's Grandma Gracie's all the way!!!
Maybe one day we will get to Kennecott. It looks like fun! ;)